Sunday, April 20, 2008

Welcome to focusingonnaturephotography blog


Hi, I'm Pat Manning, csj. I've set up this blog in conjunction with my website, http://www.focusingonnaturephotography.com/with the hope that many of you will share your experiences with photographing the beauties of your natural surroundings.

My story begins with a great opportunity that I had to travel three years ago. At that time I received a six month photo sabbatical from the college where I have taught for more than 25 years. A long time friend and colleague and I set off by car from Long Island on Jan. 1, 2005 with the destination of rimming the continental United States, she with her binoculars and spotting scopes
(see her website at http://www.obinoculars.com/) and me with my Nikon D-70 digital camera. On this trip of a lifetime I took over 15,000 photos. Now I take the camera on every journey, even if it's just overnight. I have been awestruck by the variety and the extent of the phenomenal natural land and sea formations that I have seen and photographed. I'm including a photo of Glacier National Park that I took last summer with the hope that you might find my website a leisurely place to enjoy more than 90 other photos for purchase...or for the sheer enjoyment of looking — http://focusingonnaturephotography.com/.

We have many stories that I will enter here periodically as we blog along. My traveling companion is a great storyteller. She promises to add to my descriptions of our days of traveling and photographing everything in sight. I hope you will travel with me and comment on our experiences and add your own.

No comments: